Welcome to the
Encyclopaedia of Museum Practice
The aims of the Encyclopaedia are as follows:
- To define concepts used in museum practice in many languages
- To describe the differences between concepts and the terms used for them in different languages
- To facilitate discussion about the description and use of museum practice concepts
- To provide a repository for standards, guidelines and terminologies
- To act as a stable reference for museum practice concepts
The Encyclopaedia has the following features:
- A Wiki - Where content will be created
- Comments beneath each page
- Cross referenced multi linguality - 40 + languages - more languages possible
- Forums - where we can discuss and even argue about what has been said, or not said, in the Wiki Pages
- A Document Store
Having registered, there is a "How To ..." page, describing how to create, edit and translate pages. The first task of the community is to create as much content as possible in as many languages as possible. Structure and rules will follow.
Many thanks for your participation.